Category Archives: Sports
Once again Ryan Reynolds, Canada’s sweetheart brings some more Deadpool laughs and manages to still represent Canada. Check out his soccer jersey.
Today, our beloved Canadian flag turns 50 years old. It’s modern design and simple colour scheme draws a sense of adoration from the global community, as a symbol of peacefulness and politeness (I might self-righteously say). So how should be celebrate that notable birthday?
- Maybe you could just stare lovingly at the red and white and thank it for health-care, peace-keeping and the Underground Railroad.
- Maybe you could thank it for the invention of Basketball (Thanks Mr. James Naismith) and Hockey (you heard me!)
- Maybe you could watch a Rachel McAdams movie while listening to “Rude” by Magic (’cause it’s just so elfin’ good!)
- You could practice drawing it.
- Maybe you can read a Roberson Davies or Margaret Atwood book.
- Maybe some of you still recovering from a night of romance and debauchery from Valentines Day might want to wrap yourselves in a flag while watching some Battlestar Galactica on DVD…
…Or, maybe you could take a note from one of our fearless leaders, who celebrated this way back in 1996…
Ah, good times, eh?!
I saw this on TV last night. What a great ad!